Sens 2-0 to start season.


Toronto seems to be a better team this year, in the second period at least.


I have a feeling that the Sens will be picking up lots of points off the Leafs again this year. My thoughts on the two games were overshadowed by the news of the Dany Heatley signing. Here we go anyway. I thought Gerber looked a little more confident but wasn't the goalie who's going to take this team to the heights it achieved last year. Toronto was a one line team and Gerber should have looked a lot better when that line wasn't on the ice, he seemed to be having lots of trouble smothering rebounds. I'll give him props for his positioning, the rebounds were there for the Leafs to jump on, but Gerber was there and square for many of them. Or a Sens stick was there to sweep the puck out of the danger zone.


Hopefully Emery doesn't have the same "relying on the defence to clear his garbage" problem Gerber seems to be having.


Is it just me or did Alfie score the same goal in both games? The only change I saw was the colour of his jersey.


Oh and Sundin tied Sittler's career Leaf goals in the second game. Heres a picture.

No comments: