Where is the Gold?

I've been sitting here- near death from a nasty cold/flu/Ebola virus- and I have been thinking- (I can hear you groaning already.)

I still don't like the new uniforms. Why? I asked myself; the team looks faster, the players look less bulky, and its a great marketing tool.

I don't like that there is no GOLD incorporated into the uniforms. The socks are black, red and white. The Jersey (yes the hockey sweater is dead) is red, white and black.

No Gold. None except for the logo, which I do like. I wanna see this team have something all it's own - as of now were a shade away from being Carolina, and a loss of our basic black away from being Detroit.

I know it's basically a non-issue. People will argue that the way the stripes and lines are laid out will make the difference in the recognition of the other "Red-Drenched" teams. But hear me out... Give this team an identity all it's own, bring back the "GOLD" of the third jersey from years past and it will make a big difference. This team should be able "to make the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup then." ;)

No comments: